Tuesday 4 August 2009

Brief Encumbrance

Following my visit to the Nene Valley Railway at the weekend, I've been playing around with various film clips to produce this movie that is vaguely reminiscent of the British Railways Travel Shorts produced in the 1960's. It was fun to create the various elements on the day and edit the assorted clips into what is a short, but I hope watchable, film. Should you be wondering why the usual head-on views of the locomotive are conspicuous by their absence, just read through the previous post!


4 comments:

  1. Very watchable and full of humourous touches. The sequence at 2.11 is very fine indeed. I was going to ask about the music, thanks for crediting that. If Foden trucks had been fitted with CD players, that should have been playing in the cab while roaring up the M6, but of course, you wouldn't be able to hear over the engine anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds just like my Iveco ... this week I have a Merc Atego and it feels like a Pullman coach. One of our drivers used to work on Fodens, absolutely loved 'em - he said the same thing, loads of power, very fast but made you deaf for a week afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the Merc! I had a little potter with one recently and decided that I could get to like it...a lot! Very quiet, too. For sheer aural damage, though, the BRS AEC Mammoth I cut my teeth on many years ago takes the biscuit. From Manchester to Birmingham and back with what sounded like a class 37 diesel in the cab.

    Looking forward to more GoG film productions! Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments! I get the Iveco back tomorrow, worse luck. Still, at least I had a good run to Birmingham and back today to give it a work out. I'd love to try driving a real truck from the 70's, though, it sounds like a great experience - but incredibly hard work. Our longest serving driver has tales that make my hair stand on end - wish I could convince him to blog them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails