Sunday 20 September 2009

Irn Bru for Breakfast

After posting the Big River film recently, I was delighted to read about Iain Robinson’s memories about taking on the adventurous task of being an artist in a Clyde shipyard – respect! Iain’s article and paintings may be viewed at his Losing Track pages, and make for fascinating reading. Iain suggested that I seek out a 1961 film about the Clyde shipyards, as it brings back many memories of growing up in the North East, another centre of shipbuilding at the time. I came across this excerpt from the film Seawards The Great Ships, and it may be seen here. Thanks to Iain for sharing some fascinating memories in such a humorous and personal style!

Screengrab from the film as a cargo ship is launched on the Clyde.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the film, Martin. I hoped you would...the filming and the music share a similar approach to yours, I thought. Very pleased that you enjoyed my shipyard reminiscences. It was a great time for me. Many more pictures and stories I'm afraid, so I may be posting more up in a month or so!

    Looking forward to the next GoG film production...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails