Thursday 5 November 2009

I Can Sing A Rainbow

I had a choice of two nice day trips today, as my boss was feeling generous (nothing to do with me sponsoring his son in a fun-run this weekend). I could do Scarborough and pop in to York on the return trip, or do Scunthorpe. Hmmm. That was an easy decision – the seaside won hands down. As this was work, I eschewed the usual popular tourist haunts in favour of collecting some second hand cars to bring back to base. The weather was extraordinarily bright almost all day, until a very heavy downpour just south of Markham Moor. This ended as quickly as it began, leaving behind a crisply defined rainbow that seemed to start right alongside the A1.


It’s not often you get the chance to photograph a rainbow close up, or one so clearly defined, so I dodged into the next available layby (I’m very good at that) and managed to get two shots on the spare camera that I carry in my work bag. Even as I was taking the pictures, the rainbow began to dissolve in front of my eyes and vanished moments later. As I was now in the layby I did the decent thing and grabbed a coffee with some Custard Creams while I read a couple of chapters of my new Jeremy Clarkson book. There’s only so much stress I can take in a single day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails