Sunday 20 December 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland



The last couple of days over the weekend were spent filming and photographing the Santa Specials in the snow on the Nene Valley Railway.  With four trains a day to film, this meant that I had a lot of free time in between services.  As I walked between the various locations used for shooting the trains, I amassed a hefty selection of ‘winter wonderland’ photographs, as this was a golden (white, surely?) opportunity to try out the camera and my abilities.  The pictures will be uploaded online in due course, but in the meantime, some of the interesting scenes created by the snow:


 River Nene near Caistor.

 
 Picture postcard scene from Mill Lane Bridge

 
 Entrance to Santa's Grotto?

 
 First attempt at using the panorama feature on the Fuji - nice result.

 
 Sunset over the Nene on Saturday

 
I'm no expert on wildlife identification, but these are birds.

 
 Sunday sunset from Lynch Bridge

 
Last shot of the weekend before the sun disappeared altogether.

I'm pleased with these pictures, and the rest of the set, which neatly solves next year's Christmas card list!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Martin! Especially the sunset over the Nene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Iain - the whole set is better than I anticipated, and the conditions were ideal for experimenting. I plan to upload the whole set over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails