Thursday 18 June 2009

The Car in Front Doesn't Work

Oh joy, oh bliss – the CD player in my ageing Avensis packed in today, adding to the list of expensive woes that are occurring on this vehicle of late. The air-conditioning packed up when we had the first warm day of summer, followed by the airbag light that won’t go out on the dashboard. In my own cost-cutting-for-the-recession manner, I have fixed these various problems in the style of Blue Peter.
Aircon – I open the windows.
Airbags – Covered the annoying red light on the dash up with black electricians tape.
CD Player – I take my MP3 player into the car with a set of portable speakers. It’s a bit cumbersome, and I don’t know if it works yet, but naturally I’ll pass any useful tips on when it comes to ultra-cheap car servicing.
The car in front may well be a Toyota, but if the car behind me has nice cool air wafting over the functioning airbags while I listen to Dire Straits, then count me in. Unless, of course, if it’s an Audi, in which case I’d rather have my gonads hammered into the hard shoulder of the M62.


Fully functioning aircon and even the radio works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails